BROILED COD WITH FENNEL AND ORANGE
- Serves 4
- ACTIVE TIME
- 30 minutes
- TOTAL TIME
- 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced (about 12 ounces)
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved (about 8 ounces)
- 1 small orange, preferably blood, thinly sliced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped (about 1 ounce)
- Heat broiler to high. Mix mayonnaise, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. garlic, 1 tsp. orange zest, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl.
- Arrange cod fillets on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread mayonnaise mixture over each fillet.
- Toss fennel, broccolini, orange, beans, oil, rosemary, and remaining garlic, 1 tsp. orange zest, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Arrange around fish on baking sheet, placing orange slices on top of beans and vegetables.
- Place baking sheet under broiler and broil until fish is golden-brown on top, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, top each fillet with almonds, then continue to broil until almonds are toasted and crisp and fish is completely cooked through, about 1 minute more.