- Makes 4 servings
- ACTIVE TIME
- 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME
- 40 minutes
- 1 pound shell-on medium shrimp
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, thinly sliced, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta or country-style bread, sliced 1/2″ thick, toasted
- Mayonnaise (for serving; optional)
- Cook shrimp in a large pot of boiling salted water until just opaque in the center, about 2 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold running water to cool. Peel and devein, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Combine shrimp, fennel bulb, onion, garlic, chile, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, and fennel fronds in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at least 20 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with toast and mayonnaise, if using.